Supporting The Arts In Western Manitoba
The Whitehead Foundation for Western Manitoba Inc. is a registered charitable foundation established in 1998 as a legacy of the late Lewis Davidson Whitehead, former owner and publisher of The Brandon Sun, to give something back to the communities of western Manitoba for their many years of support. Through this foundation the Whitehead family continues its tradition of community involvement.
- To promote the visual arts in western Manitoba, the term "visual arts" being construed in the broad sense, for example, not just pictures, but sculptures, landscaping etc.
- To promote the musical life of western Manitoba, for example, in the acquisition of music for the School of Music at Brandon University, bringing in guest teachers and performers, musical scholarships etc.
- To support a library, museum and art centre for western Manitoba, but using the funds for acquisition of works, displays and artifacts rather than administrative purposes.
Please make sure that you download and include the Grant Application Form with your initial contact.
Applications for funding in any given year should be received at the Foundation office no later than:
- Applications for Spring/Summer projects by September 15th.
- Applications for Fall/Winter projects by March 15th.
For Western Manitoba Inc.
32 Cobalt Cr.
Brandon, MB R7A 7W5
- A Funding grant to The Winnipeg Symphony Orchestra Adventures in Music project in Westman schools.
- A supporting grant to the Art Gallery of Southwestern Manitoba and Brandon University Department of Visual and Aboriginal Arts visiting artists project.
- A supporting grant to the Brandon Folk Music and Art Society's Mentoring Workshops With Artists project.
- Supporting Grant to the Carberry Seton Centre wolf sculpture project
- Supporting Grant to the Brandon Film Festival digital projector fund
- Supporting Grant to the Art Gallery of Southwestern Manitoba Shirley Brown Exhibition